I've been having a lovely old time sewing lately and making a bit of headway through some of my WIP (work in progress). So I thought I'd dub Wednesdays 'Whip It' Wednesday. So if you would like to share with us some of your WIP, then leave a comment below and if there are enough participants I'll get one of those linky widget thingos.
Firstly I'd like to share the sewing machine cover that I have just (as in 2 minutes ago) finished. I made it to pop over my machine when it's not in use but it is also big enough to fit over the hard plastic cover, if I really pack up.
I received the lovely blue tape measure and scissor fabric as my first posting from the Amitie VIP club. And have only recently purchased the orange sewing fabric which I discovered matched beautifully. Pair those with some retro spots and we had a very whimsical foursome.
And given that I am hopeless at seam matching, I used a brick pattern for the patchwork.
And made the binding out of all the little scrappy bits left over from cutting the rectangles.
Overall I'm really pleased with it. I think I'll make or cover some boxes now to stash my scissors and scraps in.
And lastly we have my list that I made a while back, of all the things I wanted to make or needed to finish. I am pleased to report that I've been able to cross a few things off lately.
1. patchwork sewing machine cover similar to ones seen recently on Sew Mama Sew - done
2. cushions for my mum made from green material purchased while on holidays in March
3. cushions for my new red couch made from Wonderland material
4. throw rug for my couch made from Wonderland material
5. bind quilt made for friend's daughter (whose birthday was in February!) - done
6. sandwich and quilt and bind my hexagon quilt and my red stack and slash quilt
7. other random cushions
8. and finally -start to think about this years Christmas pressies.
So please leave a little comment and let everyone know what you have in your WIP and maybe we can all inspire each other to 'Whip It' on Wednesdays! :)